- 0.02% chance of winning Sports Personality of the Year increased to 92.59% with record breaking US Open win
- Betting sites reduce Raducanu odds of winning Wimbledon to just 7/1 3rd favourite
- Betting odds have tumbled for all 4 Majors in 2022
Emma Raducanu has become a shoo-in for BBC Sports Personality of the Year and is now a 92% chance of winning according to bookmakers after capturing the entire worlds attention with her meteoric achievement
Steve Madgwick - Entertainment Betting Specialist - olbg.com
Great Britain has a new sporting sweetheart, a record-breaking tennis player and almost dead cert winner with betting sites of the BBC's annual Sports Personality of the Year award.
Prior to the US Open and Emma Raducanu was not a name everyone in Tennis knew, outside of Tennis virtually no one did.
But the 18year olds 'actions have [not just] captured the British publics attention', the prerequisite for winning the BBC TV award, but the entire world now knows the name Emma Raducanu
From an entirely considered 500/1 to win in SPOTY Betting, her odds to oust all Gold Winning Olympians in Olympic year has been smashed into just 1/12 - In other words, for every £12 you bet on her to win, you would just £1 - It is probably still the best value bet of the year!
Sports Personality of the Year Award Betting Odds
**Probability percentage figures include bookmakers overround - odds correct at 12/9/2021
2022 Grand Slams
With her meteoric emergence onto the Women's Tennis scene, winning a Grand Slam as the only qualifier in history and on only her 2nd major competition, Raducanu has been installed as 3rd favourite at just 7/1 to win Wimbledon in 2022
Grand Slam 2022 Betting Odds
The 18 year-old Brit has become betting sites 3rd favourite to win Wimbledon 2022 after rising 127 places in the world rankings following her US open Final success in New York against Leylah Fernandez.
Emma Raducanu's win at the Arthur Ashe Stadium at Flushing Meadows in New York was delivered with a host of records
Records in Numbers
- 0 - Number of sets dropped in the US Open qualifiers and finals
- 1 - The only qualifier to reach a Grand Slam Final
- 44 - First British Woman to Reach a Grand Slam Final in 44 years
- 53 - First British Woman to Reach a US Open Final in 53 years
- 66 - Youngest British Grand Slam finalist in 66 years
- 127 - The number ranking places Raducanu has risen during the US Open